Grandpa Scrimgeour's Chinese Hamburger Casserole
Hamburger and rice casserole with an Asian twist. A 1950's classic
- 1 1/2 cups ground beef
- 1 cup water chestnuts sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice raw
- 5 ounces chow mein noodles Crunchy, like Choy Brand
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground beef. Drain. Add onion and celery. Add soy sauce and soup. Bring to a boil
Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Add water and rice. Stir.
Place uncovered into oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Stir 2-3 times during cooking. Add crunchy noodles to the top and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.