Fresh tomatoes and basil are classic toppings on a Margherita pizza. This pizza adds the protein and creaminess of tofu, briny black olives and tasty artichokes hearts. Yum!
- 1 12-14 inch good quality pizza crust use gluten free for a dairy/gluten-free pizza
- 3-4 medium tomatoes sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives chopped
- 3/4 cup artichoke hearts thawed frozen or canned, chopped
- 1/2 cup firm tofu finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil sliced
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place the crust on a pizza stone or pan. Arrange the tomatoes on the crust in a circular pattern. Add the olives, artichoke hearts and tofu.
- Bake for 12-15 until crust is golden brown. Scatter with basil and sprinkle with pepper. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.
Recipe Credit: Vegan Express by Nava Atlas