A delicious Vietnamese sweet that combines salty and sweet flavors. This combo is really catching on in the Western countries.
Salty Peanut and Sesame Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground peanuts
- 1/3 cup sugar caster or superfine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 oucnes butter room temperature
- 1 egg yolk lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Sift flour, peanuts, sugar and salt into a bowl. Mix in butter, using your fingers (fun!).
- Place dough on a work surface and knead lightly. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into circles with a 2 inch biscuit cutter. Place on baking tray and brush with egg yolk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place tray in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove tray from fridge and place in oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Enjoy!