This quick and easy lasagna can be doctored to your own taste. Add mushrooms or fresh herbs. Substitute vegetables as you like. Uses homemade Tofu Ricotta.
- 24-25 ounce tomato sauce your favorite jarred sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 package lasagna noodles uncooked, whole wheat if possible
- 1 batch Tofu Ricotta see recipe link above
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 16 ounce package frozen spinach thawed
- 1 Tablespoon oregano dried
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix water with tomato sauce.
- Add a thin layer of sauce to bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Cover with a layer of noodles.
- Sprinkle with a little more than 1/3 of the ricotta cheese
- Sprinkle with half of the zucchini and half of the spinach.
- Sprinkle with half of the oregano and half of the garlic.
- Add a generous layer of sauce and another layer of noodles.
- Repeat all layers, reserving some of the sauce and ricotta for the top. Spread the reserved sauce and ricotta on top of the last layer of noodles. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover with parchment paper and foil. Bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Recipe Credit: Never Too Late to Go Vegan by Carol J. Adams, Patti Breitman and Virginia Messina.