Simple ham and cheese sliders with a delicious southern twist. Can't get enough...
- 12 soft dinner rolls
- 6 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 12 thin slices 8 ounces black forest ham
- 12 thin slices 8 ounces swiss cheese
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Adjust oven rack to center. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice rolls in half horizontally. Spread 4 tablespoons mustard on cut sides of tops and bottoms of rolls. Arrange roll bottoms next to each other, cut side up, in a 13x9 baking pan.
- Fold pieces of ham in thirds and then in half. Place one ham bundle on each of the roll bottoms. Do the same with the Swiss cheese. Sprinkle each with pepper and top with roll tops.
- Combine butter, onion and poppy seeds in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave until butter is melted and onion is soft. About 1 minute. Wisk in Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Brush the tops and edges of sandwiches with butter mixture. Pour remaining solids over sandwiches.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and let sit for 10 minutes to allow rolls to absorb sauce. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 7-9 minutes, until cheese is melted around edges and tops have hardened. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve.
- Note: Can be made up to 1 day in advance. Follow all instructions up to baking. Store in refrigerator, covered. Allow to come to room temperature before baking.
Recipe credit: Cook's Country Eats Local