Kids love sloppy joes. This recipe is easy and beats any jar sauce hands down.
Not So Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound ground beef can subsititue with any ground meat of your choice
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- Brown hamburger in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and stir into beef. Cook until onion starts to soften-about 10 minutes.
- Add oregano, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and tomato paste. Stir into beef/onion mixture and cook for 5 minutes-stirring constantly. Add tomato sauce and add salt to taste. Stir.
- Turn burner to low. Cover pan and simmer for about 15 minutes. Toast the buns in a toaster or split and put under the broiler until golden. Scoop the beef mixture onto the buns and serve.