In China, long noodles are often eaten on someone’s birthday because they represent a long life.
Birthday Noodles With Peanut Sauce
In China, long noodles are often eaten on someone's birthday because they represent a long life.
- 4 cups chinese noodles cooked
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 green onions chopped
- 4 handfuls bean sprouts optional
- 4 pinches chopped peanuts optional
- Combine peanut butter and hot water in a large bowl. Use a fork to stir to a smooth consistency. Add soy sauce and honey.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and add to peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the noodles cold, topped with green onion, bean sprouts and peanuts.
Recipe Credit: Kids Multicultural Cookbook by Deanna F. Cook