A delicious and filling soup to warm you up on those cool days
Eating potato soup is a delicious way to stay warm in the winter months.
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter Can be left out to cut down on fat
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Peel each potato and cut into 4 pieces.
- Peel onion and chop it well. Put potatoes, onion and salt in a heavy 2 qt. saucepan. Add enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Boil until a fork goes into potatoes easily (about 15 to 20 minutes). Do not drain. Mash potatoes and onion in the pan.
- Add milk slowly, stirring constantly. Allow soup to simmer while you add butter, parsley and pepper.
- Stir over medium heat until soup is smooth and hot.
Recipe Credit: Cooking The Norwegian Way by Sylvia Munsen