This pancit dish calls for egg or ramen noodles. Angle hair pasta or vermicelli will also work well. Cooked shrimp or pork can be substituted for the chicken. May add other chopped vegetables as desired. May serve with lime if desired.
Egg Noodle Pancit
- 1 8 ounce package egg noodles or ramen
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 pound cooked chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Boil noodles in water, following package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add vegetable oil to a pan and heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to pan and brown. Add celery, chicken and cooked noodles.
- Mix broth, pepper and soy sauce in a medium bowl and pour it over noodle mixture.
- Cover the pan and simmer on low heat until the broth is absorbed (about 5 minutes).